Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week? NEXT WEEK, ya'll!
Where the sam hill did the time go? Where did the YEAR go?! Where did my PANTS go?!?!? (Ehem ... does anyone else have a pants-losing problem when working from home? No? Just me? ... Awkward.)
Anyway! With Thanksgiving being next week, it might as well be Christmas at that rate which means that the year is almost over.
And wouldn't it be great if you could end it with a BANG? I mean ... I know that it's nice to start the New Year strong with new goals and resolutions, but why not get a head start and go out strong so that you're totally ready for some serious ass whooping in 2016?
I'm talking about growing your blog and business. Today. Right now.
This year has been a year of tremendous growth for my blog.
Last January it was purely a personal blog where I posted everything from recipes to DIY to party planning to personal stuff. It wasn't until February that I decided to make growing my blog a priority and when I re-launched it last March it has grown over 1,000% since! Yes, getting real growth can take time and requires focus.
BUT. There are things that you can do RIGHT NOW to start growing your business (and traffic to your website) immediately.
Plant the seed today for the start of lots of vibrant blog growth tomorrow!!!!
(Yes that sounded totally corny but whatever, it's true.)
So I'm gonna share five things that you can do TODAY to start getting more traffic to your website tomorrow!
1. Create the perfect freebie for your audience and then drive traffic to it.
You probably already know this by now but just incase you don't ...
If you want to build a profitable online business then you absolutely must build that dang email list with people who love you and your stuff!
And in order to get people on your list, you need to create the perfect freebie which you can then drive all of your delightful traffic to.
Makes sense right?! (Just nod "yes.)
Are you feeling frazzled or befuddled at the thought of creating the perfect freebie?
Don't sweat it, I've got you covered!!! :-)
Because I created the free Ignite Your List challenge just for you to walk you through everything step-by-step. It includes a 4 part video masterclass series, specific action steps and extra bonus content all delivered straight to your inbox, baby!
It'll walk you through how to do things like ...
- How to create the perfect freebie to attract the RIGHT people to your business (and straight onto your email list!) ;-)
- The fastest ways to get traffic to your freebie (without using paid ads. BOOM!)
- What to actually send your subscribers to build relationships and make sales
So get going, you creative unicorn! Grab it for free below.
2. Create some Pinterest-friendly image templates.
If you don't have awesome Pinterest-friendly photos for sharing your posts on Pinterest with, you are missing out on MEGA opportunities for increasing your blog's traffic.
So today, spend some time creating a couple templates that you can easily modify and use for future posts! (I like to create mine over at Canva where they have pre-made layouts and the perfect dimensions already figured out, but I've also heard good things about PicMonkey too!)
When making your templates you want to create images that will stand out on Pinterest so you MIGHT wanna do the following ... (aka be sure to do these things!!!):
- Use vertical images instead of horizontal ones
- Include the blog post title in the image (psssst, I wrote an entire post on how to create blog titles that stand out right here!)
- Use images and colors that go with your brand (or better yet, use images and graphics that you create yourself!)
3. Spiffy up your Pinterest profile and join at least 2 group boards.
Pinterest has been huge for increasing my blog's traffic, so take some time today for getting your Pinterest profile in tip top shape!
Make sure your profile photo fits with your brand and looks awesome, add descriptive keywords to your profile name, verify your website URL, make sure your boards look well branded and have QUALITY pins, etc.
Also, go ahead and join at least 2 group boards where you can start pinning your blog's content with your newly created blog post image templates!
4. Create an editorial calendar for all of your content ahead of time.
What's that 'ol saying ... content is king? Or something like that? But it truly is!
To really grow your blog or website's traffic, (traffic that will keep coming back!) you need to create quality, original content.
So today, sit down and create your editorial calendar for your content next month.
Make sure that the blog posts you pencil in or the other content that you want to create are on the calendar and are catered towards your ideal client and are inline with the purpose of your business!
And if you don't blog for your business, then do this for whatever type of content that you DO create. Schedule out your videos, podcast episodes, exclusive newsletters to subscribers etc.
Oh, and make sure that you are actually EXCITED about the content that you are scheduling yourself to create.. After all, creating stuff that makes you want to curl up in a corner while sucking your thumb is just NO fun at all.
(If you need some blog post inspiration, check out this post on how to never run out of ideas for awesome blog content!)
5. Schedule 3+ Growth-Related tasks in your planner. Right now. Today.
You are doing AWESOME!!! Have you done those 4 juicy things yet? (Don't skip 'em, they're super important!) The final thing that you're going to do today to prime your blog for more growth TOMORROW is to schedule at least 3 growth-related tasks into your planner for this week.
A few easy ideas to schedule in to grow your online business include:
- Brainstorm something free and awesome that you can make to give to your audience (a guide, an e-book, a video, a fun template for something, etc.)
- Comment on 5 blogs you enjoy reading (spread the comment love, baby!)
- Create a really value-filled email to send out to your subscribers, and point them to one of your best, most AMAZING pieces of free content!
- Pin your newly created, Pinterest-friendly photos to your newly joined group boards!
- Reach out to a fellow creative in your industry that you admire about collaborating!
- Check out this blog post on 30 ways to grow your blog or online business for more juicy ideas!
(I thought this post needed some cuteness so behold my cat child Mr. Purrie taking an afternoon nap on my bed!) :P
Get the idea? Good! You've totally got this. And if you're feeling super ambitious, go ahead and schedule in some growth-related tasks for next week too!
Did you find this post helpful or handy? If so, you can definitely make my day by sharing it on Pinterest! :D
Mr. Purrie would appreciate it too. :-)
To share on Pinterest, just hover over the photo below and click on the little "P!"
Do you have any wonderful ideas on growing your blog's traffic that is simple enough to do in just one day? DO share!
And now the time has come for me to work more! However, I REALLY want a peppermint white mocha from Starbucks like ... BAD.
It's all I can think about it.
The creamy, minty, white chocolatey goodness flowing down my throat like a glorious warm waterfall of happiness!!!!!