30 Ways to Show Yourself Love
Have you ever noticed how hard we are on ourselves? (Many of us are, anyway!) We waste time beating ourselves up for past mistakes, worrying about things we can't control and forgiving others but not ourselves. We try to be perfect, we spread ourselves thin and maybe we're even doing things purely to make other people happy … and not ourselves.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Well stop it, stop it now!!!!! (I know, it's easier said than done right?)
But showing yourself a little love is seriously important, and is something you should strive for on a daily basis!!!! Commit to doing something JUST FOR YOU every single day.
Yes you heard me right- every day.
And if you're feeling stumped on where to begin, here's 30 ideas to get your started!
1. Stop hanging out with negative people
2. Turn off your phone
3. Do something nice for some one else
4. Set at least 3 big goals for yourself to accomplish this year!
5. Make some art
6. Go for a walk (or run!)
7. Sing really loudly to your favorite song
8. Take yourself out to dinner
9. Let go of past mistakes- "Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what could be."
10. Give your body nourishing foods to eat
11. Worry less about what people think of you
12. Find some where with a good view and watch the sunset
13. Explore a part of town you've never explored before
14. Practice forgiveness, for yourself and others
15. Plan a fun party for you and your friends
16. Try something new
17. Spend time alone
18. Mail some one an old-fashioned card, just because
19. Go sit in a bookstore and read for hours
20. Create an art piece out of your favorite song lyrics
21. Take a break (at least 24 hours) from social media
22. Learn to say no
23. Go out for ice cream and enjoy it at the park
24. Buy a plant
25. Print some of the bazillion photos that you've taken on your phone
26. Practice being positive
27. Get some good food and drink and have a movie night with yourself 28. Sell or donate old clothes you no longer wear
29. Buy some new clothes!
30. Write down all the compliments your receive
What about you? Do you have anything specific that you like to do that just makes you feel good about yourself? Please share in the comments below! And let me know if you've tried any of these things!
And now I'm gonna go show myself some love by lov'in on Mr. Purrie, I think he NEEDS about 50 kisses and at least 15 minutes of petting ...